I just have to share this yumminess that we devoured in two evenings. Maybe they’re not for everyone… but I’ve always been a fan of pot pies. Chicken, beef, veggie. Love them all. I came across a recipe for tofu pot pie a while ago on pinterest and just saved it.
We actually used it last week as my last ditch effort to rescue a soup I had attempted (no matter what I did to it… added salt… chili powder… let it sit for a while hoping the flavors would jive a little more with time… nothing worked. It just turned out oh so boring). But reinvented into a pot pie! Yum!
The actual recipe is here. but it’s as simple as this:
- Saute some veggies (bare minimums: onions & garlic, but if you want, any other veggies: mushrooms, carrots, celery, etc) and tofu (or chicken or beef if you prefer)
- Stir in a handful of flour (recipe says 1/3 cup) for thickening
- Add some herbs (de provence are perfect)
- Add 2 cups of any of the following: water, broth (veggie, chicken, or beef depending on your culinary leanings) or soup!
- Let everything boil and then cook together for a few minutes
- Pour into pie crust #1, top with pie crust #2 and bake for 20 minutes at 350 degrees
One of the simplest things we’ve made and LOVED. If you really wanted an even easier way to the finish line… I suppose you could also get a can of soup and boil that with some flour to toss in a pie crust…
Either way, we ate an entire half of the pie one night, and the rest of it the next. So delish!